Awards and Industry Recognition
Robert Burns is a Managing Director, Wealth Partner and Portfolio Manager1 at J.P. Morgan Wealth Management.
As the principal of Burns Wealth Management Group, he works directly with affluent investors to help them address the complexities of significant wealth.
With over 35 years of experience, Bob strives to be at the forefront of the financial services industry. During the course of his career, Bob has been a financial advisor at several leading firms. He also served as a branch manager, ran a private brokerage operation and was district leader for a New York Stock Exchange member firm. Bob joined J.P. Morgan in 2018 for the opportunity to pair his wealth management capabilities with the scope of an intimate, boutique office and the scale of America's largest bank.
Bob earned a B.I.S. from Ferris State University and an M.S. in Management from The American College. He also attained FINRA Series 7, 8, 24, 63, 65; Life, Health and Variable Annuity licenses. Bob is a Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) designee, which is a premier designation for insurance professionals and focuses on in-depth knowledge of insurance and estate planning.
As a dedicated student of wealth management, Bob earned many highly-recognized industry designations, which attest to his comprehensive education and financial services background.
• Certified Financial PlannerTM (CFP)
• Chartered Financial Consultant®(ChFC)
• Certified Private Wealth Advisor®(CPWA)
• Accredited Investment Fiduciary®(AIF)
In an ongoing effort to remain apprised of best practices and the latest technologies, Bob regularly attends executive education courses and symposia led by academic and industry thought leaders.
Bob is a long-standing member of the Financial Planning Association and the Palm Beach County Estate Planning Council, serving on its board from 2005-14 and as president from 2012-13. Drawing from experience and education, Bob serves as a knowledgeable, reliable resource for all important planning and wealth management decisions.
He grew up near Chicago and at a very young age began caddying, which led to a lifelong, unrewarding, mostly-humiliating golf obsession. Bob lives in Palm Beach Gardens with Trish, his lifetime (as long as she says) partner.
1. The J.P. Morgan Securities Portfolio Manager Program. All Financial Advisors who apply for the Portfolio Manager designation undergo rigorous screening by one of the most experienced due diligence teams in the industry. To remain in the program, Portfolio Managers must continue to meet stringent criteria regarding their organizational structure, investment process and performance. 2. The Forbes ranking of Best-In-State Wealth Advisors, developed by SHOOK Research, is based on an algorithm of qualitative criteria, mostly gained through telephone and in-person due diligence interviews, and quantitative data. Those advisors that are considered have a minimum of seven years' experience, and the algorithm weights factors like revenue trends, assets under management, compliance records, industry experience and those that encompass best practices in their practices and approach to working with clients. Portfolio performance is not a criteria due to varying client objectives and lack of audited data. Neither Forbes or SHOOK receive a fee in exchange for rankings.